Skip to main content

The Curious Case of Smiles


Yeah, new job, and the workload that comes along, can keep you occupied. So, I have been busy. Well, not really. You always find time for something that you like to do. There has been a break with blogging for completely different reasons, and I am back now. So here goes something on a lighter note,

Weird, Tangential and Iconic Smiles :) :D :-) :\) >:) >) :-D

The title says it all.
You'll always find people around you with smiles that are different, not necessarily weird. And it is a big turn-on for most of us, figuratively. It is just awesome on so many levels to be surrounded with not only people, but living beings, with that quirky laugh and that weird looking smile. To think back, i have had so many crushes all my life,  just because of the way she smiled. I can hardly bring those original photos here, for obvious reasons, but i'll still try and pick on some of the most iconic public smiles around.

The Artsy Smile: There are far more qualified people to comment on this. For me, it always was a mystery, and hence the beauty - The 'Wannabees' who want to sound deep.
The Classic Beauty Smile: It is all about having the other sex fall head over heals for you, and you yourself having the time of you life with it - The MM Club.
The Flatbed Smile: There's absolutely no mistaking this one. It's a tease that you cannot resist in the non quintessential way. It's that smile that plays with your face and eyes as much, that it just ropes you in - The Hep Crowd.
The Loud Smile: The challenge is simple. Use every friggin' muscle of your face, even the ones that you didn't know existed, for the good of others. We all need that dose of laughter around, oh yes - The Mask.
The 'Why So Serious' Smile: The most obvious name that is. You may be inclined to be scared, but we all keep that twisted person around in our lives, the one you hate but also love, the one that inspires you to break the shackles, the one who has no sense of obligation, but a misplaced sense of 'Point to Prove', insane confidence, and cock-a-doodle-do sense of Worldly Affairs - The Joker.
The 'Imaginary Character' Smile: It's the most obvious thing in the world. Something that comes to us most naturally even as kids. A lot of times the universe conspires to not let you live life the way you want to. This should not result in inhibitions. You can always have a imaginary character in your life, just for that. To life without inhibitions - Calvin & Hobbes. 
The Show Off Smile: Aha, nobody's perfect. That doesn't really stop me from flaunting my 'pearly whites'. Why should it? And for all the Sand that God throws at me, I have a Hump. Take that for an attitude - The Camel.
The Power Smile: All that power in the world, and for what. You left a mess for me? Here's my answer. High Unemployment? Oh, under advisement. Bankruptcy? For the later administration. Tackling Terrorism? Oh yes, bang on. Obamacare? Hmmm. First of a kind president President and all that charming personality, with a smile - The US President
The Plotting Smile: He ha ha. Oh yes, I know what you did last Summer, and you are so dead. This just the fodder I needed against your lazy ass, eh - The Martian Frog.
The Gateway Getaway Smile: Keep it simple silly. What's the point of being the crowd, when you can be one in the crowd. "Besides, my tongue through the gateway, feels great", - The Child in You. 
The 'Billion' Smile: Oh scarcely, expectations have really, scarcely, ever troubled me. Talent & Luck may be a God's gift, but you know what, managing expectations, and doing justice to those gifts, Hard Work. You feel me? - SRT
The 'Blush' Smile: :* :) Humility, and Introverts. A toast to both these people. You know why? Why, because, the emphasis on collaboration and show & tell lifestyle these days is broken. Why, because, solitude results in the next big innovation most often. Why, because, it is a world where we need them, and we need each other. Why, because, the next time you listen and stop talking, you'd realize the wealth of information that people around you are, and have - The Anime Industry.
The Divine Smile: Simple Truth. Divine Truth. Any task, any work, any pecking order where you fall, any facet, there might be different levels of sweat and different levels of satisfaction, what stays stuck, is the smile. As a leaving argument though, question the status quo, with a smile - The Laughing Buddha.
The Uncontrollable Smile: It might not be fit to use pictures of people around me, but no one stops me from picking on this. Nah, I'll leave the picking to you guys instead. Some people have already had a laugh with this, here's your chance. I'll just close this with you with two simple words KEEP SMILING! - HD
P.S. Don't miss those dimples there :D

Disclaimer: The Images used in this blog, are taken from all over the internet, with an eye not to use any copyright material, and use public images to a larger extent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a

Genetic gift of Intelligence vs Genetic gift of beauty

At the risk of sounding sexist, here we go... The argument started in the usual setup. You are on the verge of passing out of the college. Stuff on your mind is limited to placements. You have forgotten all about why you wanted to study in the first place, and how knowledge was at the pinnacle of your priorities.  Then walks in, 'Rebecca Black'.  And the conversation flows like this: -------- Situation: You are still unplaced. Everything in your paper says, you should have more interview opportunities, and better chances of getting through. RB is already placed. Her calibre seems good, but when stacking up, perhaps it doesn't compare. At all points, you are happy for her, but, you blame your stars after getting angry at the cosmic actions of the world. Me: The world is so unfair. I am not getting enough opportunities, because organization's are too concerned about their HR policies and their Gender Ratio. RB: Perhaps. But I don't feel an iota o

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work