Skip to main content

Being Emotional

There are plenty of studies conducted on whether animals show emotions. While humans have had differing views of animal emotion, the scientific examination of animal emotion has led to information beyond a recognition that animals have the capacity for pain, fear, and such responses as are needed for survival. Being termed as 'Animal Sentience', this probably is one of the most exciting study areas in Biology at the moment.

What separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is our ability to have self control and override our primal instincts for the better good. When we see the other side of the coin though, all this self control acts as a fair determent to the way we interact with the world, not limiting to the all the fake that it brings along. 

I hate people who are not emotional. I am not saying you started crying me buckets or laugh hysterically to the point of tears when we meet next time, but a trickle of emotion cannot hurt. And what stems from this very trickle of emotion is compassion, which is what one craves in everything. People often try and deny that they are emotional, often try and avoid showing emotions in public, often keep emotions at an arm's length when it comes to decision making, and in doing all that they deny the public the richness of who they are, deny themselves the passion that emerges from such feeling, the passion to enjoy what they are doing, and also deny themselves the right way to life.

So why this sudden burst of emotions? Million little things really, but in the end it all boils down to the select some who thought that they were teasing me by calling me emotional and giving me a nickname (that name did bug me a little though), and the fact that I have time on my hands. Just before leaving, last 2 cents, Be Emotional, it is what makes us human and what is fun.

Comments

  1. Babes, emotions r supposed to be reserved for select few, to some u need to be indifferent and this never cuts a pie from your being human quotient. Not all are same, not all wanna sing wat de r doing.. and dere z another school f thought also.
    "Respecting differences z human".
    N really dat name bugged u :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. But when you go out of the way to repress emotions, just to avoid showing people the real you, that is where I draw the line, and everyone should. Why would I want to change myself for anyone else, why would I try to repress my emotions. All may not be the same, but I believe, emotions are there, probably the same amount, showing them selectively is just a restraint that one put's over themselves and that just doesn't cut it.
      The context though, and you must understand, was an event, anything but personal. Banta hai.

      P.S. That name did bug me, when did I deny :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a

International Helsinki Days 2012

'Minus 26 and still HOT' Oh Yes. It was hot. Never mind the apparent chill. And that was all about the IHD. Naah... I have been edgy to write about this ever since it got over, not that i'm going to forget anything anytime soon, but rather to make it more memorable. The issue with all of it is though that words simply aren't enough, you have to live it to know it. I had taken a liking to Finnish people from the start , and more so after the week. It was special this week. I got a glimpse into the culture that is Finn. Perhaps limited to the student culture, but nevertheless, enough to make up my mind that they all would go places. Work to Live, they value there free time immensely, and that's how it is supposed to be. I heard somethings about Finns not being happy etc, not from what   I saw, and if they believe in the philosophy, I doubt anyone could be unhappy for long. And if anyone had doubts about their work ethic, they just have to look at the IHD tea