Skip to main content

A Messi Affair !!


Expectations. Expectations.
A clash between Argentina and Venezuela was lying at the ditch near the bottom of the pyramid, and people were just concerned about one phenomenon (yes, he is nothing less than a phenomenon), the converging point of the sides of the pyramid, LIONEL MESSI. And boy, did he put on his charm and mesmerized Kolkata with his masterly, skillful display.

Going Back and Forth…
A transition from 4 years of my life, when high attendance was not even joked about, to a phase wherein I get confused easily between the place where I’m supposed to study and the place where I’m supposed to sleep, life has almost come a full circle. But the centre point still remains the same. Life is meant to be lived fully, taking pleasure in whatever hogs your timeline. And that is precisely what I have been trying to do with all the deadlines.
In hindsight though, whatever the case may be, you never should lose sight of ‘the real stuff’. And football does offer you that kick. Even more so, when we talk about Messi and India in the same breath.

Kolkata – The Host
Sorry for the abrupt change of tone, but it was disappointing. Shoddy stadium patch up work, and even shoddier design. And why price tickets so high when you know that you won't be able to fill the stadium to capacity, even when the magician himself is at work.
Management. What is that? We as friggin' MBA students would have done a better job. Stampedes. Bad. Seeing the fairer sex and children getting crushed in the crowd. Loathes. So much so that I took it upon myslf to form like a wall with whatever strength I had *pats his back*
Then there was this Lady, and I am not exaggerating at all but by calling her a lady I have given her respect of which even an ounce she doesn't deserve. What led to such hatred and anger was a simple case of being rude and simply put, being a shameless bitch, to the cutest of kids, from a far away land, that you'd find on the ground interested, watching football as passionately as Indians watch cricket. Details I'd rather not divulge, but to give you an estimate, my nails were literally biting into the skin of my palms as a control measure (just to avoid starting a ruckus). And here I thought, Calcuttans to be the warmest people around :|

Mes(si)merizing
Goodness Me. The vision of the wonder boy. The ability to read plays. The ability to create plays. And the pure ingenious of the way that ball seems to stick to his feet, follow his each and every command, almost as if he's playing with a remote control, was breathtaking to witness. To add to all that, and at the risk of sounding gay, his infectious smile could charm even the straightest of guys :)

Football
Better than average game. Goalkeepers excellent for both sides. Venezuela had probably the best opportunity going forward. Argentina linked up pretty well going forward and created several opportunities which they weren't able to grab until the 67- 68' with Otamindi's header. And the game had some great tackles, great through balls and even better lobs with many close misses and a solo woodwork play.

Take-Away
Couple of years ago, I would never have dreamt that this day I'd be two matches down (First One --> http://strangeramblingsofmymind.blogspot.com/2009/11/brasil-vs-england-match-day.html --> MUST READ). Truthfully, the first experience was far better for the simple reasons that people in Qatar were more passionate when it comes to football, and it had a complete carnival feel to it, whereas Calcutta was more of laid back. But still Argentina, Venezuela, and the game itself, made everything worthwhile.

Ending it with a simple observation.
It really is a MESSI WORLD !!

Comments

  1. Hi you are doing a great job. I was looking for this information. I found it on your page its really amazing.I am sure that these are your own views. I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for sharing useful information; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a

International Helsinki Days 2012

'Minus 26 and still HOT' Oh Yes. It was hot. Never mind the apparent chill. And that was all about the IHD. Naah... I have been edgy to write about this ever since it got over, not that i'm going to forget anything anytime soon, but rather to make it more memorable. The issue with all of it is though that words simply aren't enough, you have to live it to know it. I had taken a liking to Finnish people from the start , and more so after the week. It was special this week. I got a glimpse into the culture that is Finn. Perhaps limited to the student culture, but nevertheless, enough to make up my mind that they all would go places. Work to Live, they value there free time immensely, and that's how it is supposed to be. I heard somethings about Finns not being happy etc, not from what   I saw, and if they believe in the philosophy, I doubt anyone could be unhappy for long. And if anyone had doubts about their work ethic, they just have to look at the IHD tea