Skip to main content

Memoirs India!!

28th Jan 2010 - 15th Feb 2010
19 Days

The first thing that I remember distinctly is " wondering How clean Delhi is, on my trip from airport to home". For those of you who still live in that fantasy world, I was very much being sarcastic above. It still hurts knowing that such a thought even came to my mind, but it is what it is. I am extremely glad that it never recurred during rest of my stay and hopefully it stays that way for eternity.

Anyways, one thought could dampen your spirit only so much. Spirit, which was higher than the highest peaks of the world, I was back in the place I love the most, amongst people I love and care about the most, saw me chatting up with all the friends and family that I could find and making get together plans with anyone whom I could get hold of. But again, that is just the thing. You can make all the plans you want, in fact I am quite decent at making them, but probability of those plans materializing is a whole another story. O'course you cannot expect people to drop everything when you are in town, so you just ditch the old plan, and make a new one [:)]. And in between all that planning, lot of relatives showed up at my home. There is thing with Indian culture, it doesn't matter if you yourself are coming home after 6 months of "exile", if one of 'them' shows up at your doorstep, you still remain 'the host' and they 'the guest'. I did enjoy seeing a couple of faces for sure, but on the whole, this business wasn't too much to my liking. 19 days are too few for such commitments.

Regardless of all the juggling, planning an un-planning, I still had ample opportunity for meet ups, and it did happen frequently. One of those was on the occasion of Mani Singh's B'day. Now those of you who attended college with me know of this character, and for those who haven't had the pleasure to know him, I'd say you are just unlucky. GO FIGURE !! I would also have like to call out stuff about his "partner i crime" but alas, why shift the spotlight ;) And what can you expect when a company like ours (with chintae, mani, chats) get together, goof ups. Reaching City walk was a piece of cake, but after that finding Mocha was not. And since none of us had been there before, we ended up 6 people driving in a measly Maruti 800 around most of GK, Saket, Vasant Kunj, all kinds of Sarai's, finally landing Def Col, and all for what. One measly Mocha cafe when Hard Rock Cafe was sitting just a block away all the while. But who am I to say. Then there was that chocolate something flavoured hookah. I cant say that I have had worse. All considered, it was fun. And thanks for the treats Mani Singh. (How could I forgot to mention that some of these people thought that I have gotten mellow, thanks guys :P)

Chef turned Publisher? Vice-versa? Actor? Oh forget it. I have always been left confounded when it comes to defining what is he doing exactly. This guy, Saransh, was always there whenever beckoned, probably not because he was free (2 companies registered on his name, perhaps the busiest of us all lot), but because I used to tag along him for his work forays. I have no clue if I was helping him in any way but it was an interesting enough experience for me. The international book fair was great, perhaps we'll have a stall of Huma Books in their next edition. But the best was the treat at Big Chillz is Khan Market.
It cannot get any better than dining with a chef for a foodie. Thanks.

At other times, meeting up with other friends, long chats, television, pool, shopping, sleeping, family, and all the other shit that goes around took up my time. 19 days breezed by in a blink of an eye.
Coming close to a week now since I came back from my "holiday" at home.
I had no idea that a trip to India would work on my psyche the way it did. Its almost as if I have been rejuvenated. 
Happy, Chirpy and Eager to work :P


Chao.


Comments

  1. mocha road trip + mocha > hrc

    mocha road trip was by far one of the best trips ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, mocha road trip was awesome, but >hrc my arse, plus if it were for you we would have ended up in gurgaon. So, thanks to my and mani's stubbornness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocha was great, we made it on time :)..let's save hrc for the next time we all meet up again !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a

International Helsinki Days 2012

'Minus 26 and still HOT' Oh Yes. It was hot. Never mind the apparent chill. And that was all about the IHD. Naah... I have been edgy to write about this ever since it got over, not that i'm going to forget anything anytime soon, but rather to make it more memorable. The issue with all of it is though that words simply aren't enough, you have to live it to know it. I had taken a liking to Finnish people from the start , and more so after the week. It was special this week. I got a glimpse into the culture that is Finn. Perhaps limited to the student culture, but nevertheless, enough to make up my mind that they all would go places. Work to Live, they value there free time immensely, and that's how it is supposed to be. I heard somethings about Finns not being happy etc, not from what   I saw, and if they believe in the philosophy, I doubt anyone could be unhappy for long. And if anyone had doubts about their work ethic, they just have to look at the IHD tea