Skip to main content

E & A

Ego and Arrogance.

These two traits are possibly the most annoying ones, that one can find in a person. And yet, they are probably paramount in one's character. The trick here is to achieve that 'right balance'. You might be inclined to ask me what that right balance is. But unfortunately, that eludes me too. Perhaps someone experienced in Human Psyche might be able to enlighten us, though I am not sure. However, all said, I am sure of one thing:
If you go through life with your eyes open, you are bound to see SIGNS that will urge you to strive for that balance.
 Signs that I have seen often and neglected a tad more than I should have. But, as I say, Sun seems brighter when you start staring at it. (O'course, your eyes have to have that potential).

Anyways, My ongoing stint in Qatar bought a couple more eye-openers of that eternal fight between 'david' and 'goliath', between 'too much' and 'too little'. Considering that we live in the age of "CHINA", sadly, I will refrain for direct instances as much as possible.

The act of Oppression and Discrimination, you can find in every corner of this world. And it is the same everywhere, Weak on the receiving side, Strong on the giving side. So what makes them weak or strong. Some might associate this with power, some with money. But if you really ponder over it, neither of them are achievable without the right attitude. And by right attitude, I mean, the will to meet the world head  on and an ounce of self-belief (E&A). If you are missing this attitude, you are more likely to end up on the weak side. I would like to dodge the citation that I was supposed to present here, but to put forward my point better, in simpler terms, if you are lacking enough attitude, the world will take advantage of you.

The other side doesn't look any brighter. If you are amped up more than than what is termed safe, on your attitude(especially E&A), then this big bad world will try and turn you to shatters. For me, personally, there is nothing more resentful in this world than a person who has a huge E&A quotient. So there is this guy on the consultant side on my site, who was very likable at beginning, but lately he has been more of an egotist. With remarks like: "hum 10 saal se iss industry mein hain, ab yeh naya ladka hume sikhaayega", he's started to move towards the dumbass category in my list. And the problem doesn't end there. With his resolve on not to listen to any engineering solutions that i might provide for a problem, and just depending upon "his experience" has annoyed me to levels which i thought didn't exist. It is as I say,
All Reason goes down the drain, when you are an egotist and an arrogant fool.
I have always been a little more arrogant than I would like myself, and people around me, to be. And I have been trying to change that for a good part of 5 yrs now. Success hasn't been over whelming, but, in my defense, it is a slow process.

Anyways, I hope for one thing now more than ever. Ten Years down the line, when I'll have enough experience to boast about, I would not have lost wisdom to treat those with lesser experience as equals. As it is often said
Fresh Mind, Fresh Ideas.
And I'd be a fool not to listen to fresh, uncluttered minds.

P.S. This post has turned out quite unexpectedly, completely different from what I had in mind when I started writing first. And is completely raw, so there ought to be mistakes, hopefully no contradictory statements.

P.S #2 Expecting lot of replies and arguments, unless what I have written is totally rubbish.

Comments

  1. nice post...
    unfortunately, u need both to be both of them to be 'successful'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work

International Helsinki Days 2012

'Minus 26 and still HOT' Oh Yes. It was hot. Never mind the apparent chill. And that was all about the IHD. Naah... I have been edgy to write about this ever since it got over, not that i'm going to forget anything anytime soon, but rather to make it more memorable. The issue with all of it is though that words simply aren't enough, you have to live it to know it. I had taken a liking to Finnish people from the start , and more so after the week. It was special this week. I got a glimpse into the culture that is Finn. Perhaps limited to the student culture, but nevertheless, enough to make up my mind that they all would go places. Work to Live, they value there free time immensely, and that's how it is supposed to be. I heard somethings about Finns not being happy etc, not from what   I saw, and if they believe in the philosophy, I doubt anyone could be unhappy for long. And if anyone had doubts about their work ethic, they just have to look at the IHD tea

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a