Skip to main content

Knock Knock, Who's this? Inspiration !!


Simply put, you don't need to look for inspiration.
It is all around you, it will find you, and when it does, you should be ready to greet it with both arms.

Herein lies the tale of a much unknown Chateau de Vizille, France, and this particular room in the chateau. And a promise that I made to a certain German, and how a random trip in the serenity of India reminded me of it, and gave me possibly a location. And how it all just inspires life out of you.

An odd morning, the first month of Euro Trip, when we were just trying to get by and know each other. The group, that traveled to the Chateau, I meant. Lying on the outskirts of Grenoble, a true country side place this was. And much like other stuff that I had a feel of, in Europe, by this time, this too was alien, beautiful beyond comprehension, not the castle probably, but the grounds. It almost felt like injustice, that God had somehow blessed these places with that extra colour, extra brightness, and extra vibrancy, almost like he was looking through an SLR lens then, and through a glass when he did others.

However, who says the chateau was to be left behind. Seen aplenty similar structures in India, architectural differences aside, and much grander at that. Just then though, was me walking into this room. A true mouth opening expression blessed me. And Eyes widening too. An instant pact "Summer Getaway House, with this room replica in particular" And exactly this replica. You wouldn't want to do any injustice to the memory, the picture does that sadly, but the exact arrangement, the fireplace, the rocking chair, the pool table, some artifacts, the book shelves, the huge windows, the high ceilings, the candle stand hanging, the old fashioned mirror, the liquor hold, the cigar case, the arrogant kingly portrait, and the ever so classy book shelf reaching movable staircase. And they all just fall into pieces one by one, blend into each other beautifully, to create that aura, that ambiance, one that everyone craves.

And what created a similar sublime image again, was the serenity of Gangtok, the serenity of its oh-ever-so-starry night sky, the hush of music, the smell of grass, tea, water, food, the imagery of the grandiose Himalayas, the force of the Teesta, and the way it caresses, blends and moves forward in those narrow Himalayan passes, crashing, hitting hard, and making way. And above all, that moment of peace, one that you behold, now and ever, and the calmness that just flows, now and forever. "Nothing would suit you better", I tell it to her, in my mind.

And therein lies your true inspiration, just around, in the air you breathe, in the people you meet, in the earth you walk, in the songs you listen to, in the river that you swim, in the books that you read, in nature, in drinks/cigars/food, in that sight out of your window, in that conversation you had just now.

Behold, Breathe In, Never Let Go !! And Dream On !!
Harshit D

Comments

  1. Well written with a very graphic description of the château room! I had this exact feeling too a while back when I visited similar grandiose settings at the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna...this post reminded me of that perfect moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. A beautiful palace that one too i remember. Even grander, there is no replication if this particular room for me though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

200* The Titan of the world cricket just got a little taller

"The Titan of World Cricket just got a little taller " Need I say more . The only thing that I would regret after this day is that I cannot brag "I was there when.." The only people I'll envy after today are those in the Gwalior stadium. There is not much that I can say about the Little Master that hasn't been spoken off. There is not much to be read about Sachin that my generation has not already read. Comments like "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India" from the people who have played against him, have been plastered all over the memory of this generation. All this and still that humbleness to die for. He truly is an IDOL. You'd think with hopes of a billion people on his shoulder, he will start to stoop a little, well congratulations, you have just been branded the biggest fool to have walked on earth. All said, it cost me a measly 49 Riyals to get Live TV on my cellphone, and a little more effort to postpone some of the work

International Helsinki Days 2012

'Minus 26 and still HOT' Oh Yes. It was hot. Never mind the apparent chill. And that was all about the IHD. Naah... I have been edgy to write about this ever since it got over, not that i'm going to forget anything anytime soon, but rather to make it more memorable. The issue with all of it is though that words simply aren't enough, you have to live it to know it. I had taken a liking to Finnish people from the start , and more so after the week. It was special this week. I got a glimpse into the culture that is Finn. Perhaps limited to the student culture, but nevertheless, enough to make up my mind that they all would go places. Work to Live, they value there free time immensely, and that's how it is supposed to be. I heard somethings about Finns not being happy etc, not from what   I saw, and if they believe in the philosophy, I doubt anyone could be unhappy for long. And if anyone had doubts about their work ethic, they just have to look at the IHD tea

The first 31st on an 'alien' land

Dear Blog, One thing you don't want on a 31st is for your day to start with work. And o'course I ain't that lucky. But at-least I got a 'half day' (will someone inform the management that if you reduce 2 working hours from 10, it does not become 'half day'). O'course the thumb rule in such cases says " you take what you get, and be happy  or else you will end up either very miserable or getting fired", neither of which interests me much. The Idea There is a thin line between "A Plan" and "An Idea". I had neither. I only knew this for a fact that no way I will spend this night in my camp. In came Mr. Tejaswi, with some ' amoeba like shit' in his head, to my aid. I will still refrain from calling it a plan, since you cannot be sure of things here in Qatar on days of holiday (family day and stuff like that), although no once can stop you if you are really stubborn and a little innovative. As for The Idea, it had a